The Red Candle
With candles in witchcraft, the color of the candle often matters just as much as the type of candle. Different colors have different meanings and properties and can be used for different purposes.
Symbolism and Properties of Red Candles
Red candles are often used to represent the element of fire, and can be used for spells related to strength, courage, passion, and sexual desire. They are also used to attract positive energy and banish negative energy.
Check out The Meaning, Spiritual Uses and Symbolism of Candles in Witchcraft to learn about the symbolism behind candles.
What are Red Candles used for in Witchcraft?
When choosing a red candle for your spell, it is important to consider what purpose you are using it for. If you are looking to attract positive energy, then you will want to choose a red candle with a pleasant scent. If you are trying to banish negative energy, then choose an unscented red candle.
Red candles are also often used in spells for protection. If you are looking to create a protective barrier around yourself or your home, then red candles can be a great addition to your spell. You can also use red candles to make talismans and amulets for protection.
If you are looking to add some extra power to your spell, then you might use a red candle. Red candles can help to increase the strength of your spell, and can also help to make it more effective. When using a red candle in your spell, you should always focus on your intention and visualize the desired outcome.
For information on what the different shapes of candles mean, check out Candle Shapes and their Spiritual Meaning.
Different uses for Red Candles in Witchcraft
We can use red candles in a variety of ways in witchcraft. Below are some of the most popular ways to use red candles in spells and rituals:
- To Attract Love: Light a red candle and focus on your intention of finding love. Visualize yourself surrounded by love and feel the emotion of love within you.
- To Attract Positive Energy: Light a red candle and focus on your intention of attracting positive energy. Visualize yourself surrounded by white light and feel the positive energy flowing into you.
- To Banish Negative Energy: Light a red candle and focus on your intention of banishing negative energy. Visualize the negative energy being pushed away from you, and feel the positive energy flow into you.
- To Create a Protective Barrier: Light a red candle and focus on your intention of creating a protective barrier around yourself or your home. Visualize the barrier as a wall of light surrounding you and feel the protection it provides.
- To Increase the Strength of a Spell: Light a red candle and focus on your intention of increasing the strength of your spell. Visualize the desired outcome and feel the power of your spell increasing.
There are various ways that red candles can be used in witchcraft. When choosing a red candle for your spell, it is important to consider what purpose you are using it for. Red candles can be a great addition to any spell, and can help to make it more powerful and effective.
Did you know you can make your own candles with metaphysical and spiritual properties? Learn how with the article How to Make your own Candles for Witchcraft!