What is a Pendulum in Witchcraft?
A pendulum is a weight or object that is suspended from a pivot or point. It is used as a tool in witchcraft for divination, which is the practice of foretelling the future.
Pendulums are often used to answer yes or no questions by swinging back and forth. The direction and speed of the swing can indicate the answer to the question.
Pendulums can be used for a variety of purposes in witchcraft, including but not limited to:
- Determining if someone is lying
- Locating lost objects or people
- Predicting the future
- Communicating with spirits
Interested in learning about witchcraft? Read How to Get Started in Witchcraft or check out the page on Witchcraft.
Types of Pendulums in Witchcraft
There are many different pendulums that can be used in witchcraft, including crystal, metal, and wood pendulums.
Some people prefer to use their own personal pendulum, while others may use a pendulum that has been blessed or consecrated by a priest or other spiritual leader.
Crystal pendulums are thought to be powerful and are often used for divination and energy work. They are said to help amplify intuition and connect with the spiritual realm.
Metal pendulums are also popular among witches and are often used for detecting energy fields and locating lost objects. They are said to be especially good for providing clarity during decision making.
Wood pendulums are considered being the most natural of all the types of pendulums and are said to be good for connecting with the earth and nature spirits.
How to Make Your Own Pendulum
If you’re interested in using a pendulum for divination, you might make your own. This is a relatively simple process and can be done with materials that are readily available. Here’s how to make your own pendulum:
- Choose a weight or object to suspend from a pivot or point. This can be anything from a small stone or crystal to a metal washer or coin.
- Cut a piece of string or wire that is the length of your wrist to the tip of your index finger.
- Tie the weight to one end of the string or wire.
- Hold the other end of the string or wire between your thumb and first 2 fingers.
- Close your eyes and relax your mind and body.
- Ask a question that can be answered with a simple yes or no.
- Swing the pendulum back and forth over the answer you are seeking.
How do you Get Answers from a Pendulum?
Pendulums need to be programmed in order for you to obtain the answer you’re seeking. To do this, you tell the universe what the pendulum will do in order for it to communicate an answer to you.
An example would program answers to appear:
- If the pendulum swings back and forth in a horizontal direction, the answer is yes.
- If the pendulum swings back and forth in a vertical direction, the answer is no.
This is just an example, however, and can be programmed in any way desired.
How do you Use a Pendulum?
When using a pendulum for divination, it is important to clear your mind and focus on the question you are asking. Ask the question out loud and wait for the pendulum to swing. Pay attention to the direction of the swing, as well as the speed and length of the swing, in order to get an accurate answer.
Practice Makes Perfect
If you are new to using a pendulum, it is important to practice with simple yes or no questions before moving on to more complex questions. With practice, you will be able to interpret the swings of the pendulum and use it as an accurate tool for divination.